Content plays an important role in determining any website’s popularity, that’s why it is known as “King of the web.” So it is very important for us to keep our website updated with the latest happenings of the company. Everyone is nowadays struggling to keep their websites up-to-date. Gone are the days when static websites were used. As more people are becoming familiar with internet, it has become very essential for us to revise our websites around the clock. To design the content for the website, we need to employ website designers and for further modification also we need to rely on them. As human-being always have some limitations. So it is not a good idea to rely on human being for something which can be easily done with the help of software (CMS).
With the advent of content management system it has become very easy to build and manage the content of our website without having any technical knowledge, which is otherwise a big task. CMS is equipped with lots of in-build libraries of graphics, affiliate program links, which can be utilized even by common man to build and manage the websites.
What is CMS?
According to Wikipedia CMS is a computer application used to manage work flow needed to collaboratively create, edit, review, index, search, publish and archive various kinds of digital media and electronic text. CMS are frequently used for storing, controlling, versioning, and publishing industry-specific documentation such as news articles, operators’ manuals, technical manuals, sales guides, and marketing brochures. The content managed may include computer files, image media, audio files, video files, electronic documents, and web content.
What are the benefits of using CMS?
CMS provides flexibility and convenience for any person to design and manage their website on their own without actually relying on any technical people with ease. Content management system can be a great help for those consumers (school/ college pupil or housewives) turned into publishers also, who are trying to find out ways to manage their content output. These people don’t have time and money to spend for website designers or programmers but they want to publish their thoughts as soon as it strikes them and customize their websites frequently on their own.
There are various other advantages of CMS, some of them are:
* Saves time: CMS greatly saves the time to publish the content; it makes you to publish content faster, which is very necessary in order to create value to the content in modern days.
* Simple & affordable to deploy : Many CMS like Joomla is open source CMS are coming for free and its portability between lots of versions and its scalability on different platforms makes it very simple to use.
* The CMS service can be delivered through internet. It doesn’t require any hardware to manage or software to install separately only for CMS.
* Easy to use and publish content online even without any technical knowledge.
* The handling and controlling of errors makes it very simple to use.
* It is equipped with lots of customizable templates which are ready to use and can be easily applied to the content.
* It can speed up the creation and maintenance of websites using web components and plugins.
* CMS can also keep you in touch with the social media by using blogs, message boards, RSS etc.
* It can be shared by multiple people having different user and administration rights in an organization because it establishes defined publishing processes.
* Reconstruct/Reuse the content: CMS is equipped with the feature of reusability of the content since the content is stored in database. It generates completely new output with the available content.
* Content scheduling: Content publication can be scheduled using CMS to keep track of who is publishing what, how quickly content is getting published, whether the publication schedule is being stuck to, whether out-of-date, content is being removed quickly enough, etc. In this way using CMS one can easily measure the success of your publishing efforts.
* CMS allows you to consistently manage the metadata [out] through content template structures. Metadata plays an important role in SEO. Eventually it helps you to get good rankings in Search engines.
* Using CMS one can secure its intranet privacy of content, which is really an important thing as different people of an organization could have allocated different rights to view, edit and publish the content.
* Distributed maintenance: One can easily edit the content from anywhere, anytime using a common web browser which removes lots of bottlenecks.
Summary: CMS provides great comfort to the user to manage the content effectively and lucratively. CMS can also be helpful to those publishers who want to publish lots of content but don’t have technical knowledge. CMS also allows you to design common and consistent web content architecture, which is very essential to have a competent website. By using CMS user can get updated with the latest technologies of the world with ease. But before selecting any CMS, be mindful, as bad CMS can worsen your life.
[cp_modal display=”inline” id=”cp_id_a8651″][/cp_modal]
by Shilpa Wilson Singh