The American Marketing Association has defined marketing as the activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large.
Marketing provides the link between people’s needs and its economic patterns of response. This enables marketing to satisfy these needs through the development of exchange processes and the building of long-term relationships. Marketing techniques commonly used include choosing target markets, market analysis and consumer behavior.
Successful marketing is based on studying the potential consumers’ behavior through market analysis and meeting their needs through those results. It’s basically fulfilling supply and demand by meeting consumer requirements to their complete satisfaction. Through marketing research and development, a product is developed and marketed based on consumer tastes.
Social Media Marketing Now
Social media marketing is the process of gaining traffic through social media sites online. It involves the use of the internet in order to promote or market products or services to consumers and businesses. Affiliate marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), e-mail marketing, paid search engine marketing (PPC – Pay Per Click), content marketing and display advertising are just a few of the methods used in internet marketing in order to drive a sale.
Social media marketing can be very profitable. It has the ability to provide you with a constant passive inflow of cash while you work to provide for yourself and your family. Millions of people browse the internet daily looking for products and services to buy. If you have a product and a computer, the only thing stopping you from marketing that product and selling it is you.
30 Ways to Drive Massive Traffic to Your Blog/Website
In order to successfully market your products, you need to drive traffic to your website. I’ll show you 30 different ways you can do it:
1. Choose a great mobile friendly theme for your blog/website.
2. Submit your website to search engines.
3. Register your blog with blog directories.
4. Search engine optimization
5. Create great content.
6. Post regularly on your blog.
7. Social media marketing through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn.
8. Paid advertising campaigns.
9. Create free offers and discounts for your products or services.
10. Guest blog on other people’s sites.
11. Word of mouth.
12. Merchandise ads on T-shirts, mugs, car bumper stickers etc.
13. Business cards with your website/blog and social media networking sites.
14. Email signature with links to your website/blog and social media networking sites.
15. Publish your articles on free article sites.
16. Press releases.
17. Guest blog on other people’s blogs.
18. Ad swaps.
19. Viral video marketing via Facebook Live, Instagram stories, Snapchat.
21. Radio and TV ads.
23. Meet ups
24. Public speaking
25. Banner advertising
26. Social bookmarking sites
28. Online courses
All these ways will be sure to drive massive traffic to your site. Research them, set goals and do it. You won’t regret it!
by Dr. Amaka Nwozo