Are you stuck in the wilderness of old fashioned marketing techniques or are you part of the new revolution?
You might ask, what is Social Media? I’ll ask you: under what rock have you been the last couple of years?
If you want to be part of the revolution I’ll share a few facts with you that will show you why Social Media is one of your most important and powerful marketing strategies to promote your business online TODAY.
What is this Monster then?
“Social media are media for social interaction, using highly accessible and scalable publishing techniques. Social media use web-based technologies to transform and broadcast media monologues into social media dialogues.” As defined by Wikipedia
It is Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, MySpace, Blogger, Digg, Orkut, Flikkr to mention a few.
Lets ponder on a few interesting facts that will undoubtedly demonstrate the enormity of this ever evolving media that is fast becoming the new economy of the world – A Big shift indeed!
– When you look at the worlds population, over 50% is under the age of 30 and 96% of them joined some kind of Social Media Network.
– Baby Boomers are joining in their masses
– Personal relationships are formed on these networks – 1 out of 8 marriages today met through Social Media
– It grows faster than any other media in history. To reach 50 Million users:
– Radio took 38 years
– TV took 13 years
– Internet took 4 years
– iPod took 3 years, BUT
FACEBOOK alone added 100 Million users in 9 months,
– today it is the number one activity on the web, outperforming the previous number one- pornography,
– In the USA today there are more online students than students who receive face-to-face education (revealed by a study done by the US Department of Education)
– There are 15 Million articles on Wikipedia (Wiki-Hawaiian term for QUICK). These articles is as accurate as the Encyclopedia of Britannica
– It is a truly on the go media/platforms
– People using it everywhere and at anytime
– It is used by young and old
– This will undoubtedly have an impact on the way you market yourself, your business and the quality of the product or service you render
– This bring a truly new meaning to the term “Word of Mouth Marketing”
This is the NEW ECONOMY, driven by people for people. Instead of having a selling mindset you have to shift to a listening mindset before you can even think of selling to that customer.
You have to come to the party. You must focus on providing high value content, product and service. If you get this right you’ll be able to start showing profits. Why?
People will trust YOU!
This is true for your business. It does not matter if you’re a business from home, a traditional brick and mortar business, an online internet business, or a big corporate business. YOU have to get educated.
Look out for Part 2
by Wynand Myburgh