Are you looking for more information on web-based project management software? You are not alone. There are more and more managers that are looking for a full featured system that does not tie them to a single computer or network. It makes managing projects easier as well as enhancing project team collaboration and communication. This can make or break a project’s success.
Here are some of the pros and cons of using this type of software:
1. With web-based software, you no longer are tied to a single computer or network. Most project leads have used standalone systems that require you to have a laptop for project planning. With a project management system fully integrated to the Internet, you do not have to carry a laptop with you everywhere. You can access the system from any electronic device that has Internet access. It makes business travel much easier.
2. You will find collaboration is easier. The web-based project systems come integrated with collaboration tools like a whiteboard and discussion forums. For projects that involve people scattered around the globe, these collaboration tools can be quite powerful. Successful projects have people who are part of the team and are empowered. Collaboration tools help this happen.
3. Communication integration makes web-based project software a powerful tool. With built in email and communication, this type of project management software makes getting and giving updates much easier on the entire project team, especially the project lead.
1. You will need to train team members on the proper use of the software. Like all changes you make to your project structure, you will need to put in training for anyone. However, with a simple to use interface, it is minimal.
2. It does not replace solid management skills. Many managers want to find a magic solution to making their projects successful. No software package will replace the skills of a good project lead. Giving that project manager the right project management software though can make even a difficult project successful.
With web-based project management software, communication and collaboration is much easier. The manager and the team can get information about the project from any web-browser as long as they have access to the Internet. The data is kept secure with constant backups. You can have a team working out of the same building or one scattered around the globe. The system is available to all with a login and password.
[cp_modal display=”inline” id=”cp_id_a8651″][/cp_modal]
by Phil E Williams